Friday, May 20, 2016

Our Girls Bathroom Before and After + Mood Board

Disclosure: I received paint from Sherwin-Williams as compensation for the post. All views and opinions expressed in the post are my own and no other compensation was provided.

A few weeks ago I showed you our bathroom before pictures and some of the paint colors I chose for our bathroom remodel. We are DONE and I am ready to show you the reveal! It’s a night and day difference and I love being able to check a project like this off of our list. Another look at the befores…

bathroom before

bathroom before2

bathroom closet before

And the AFTER…

Girls bathroom after - Favorite Paint Colors

Girls bathroom after - Favorite Paint ColorsFramed mirror and vanity paint color - Favorite Paint Colors

Framed mirror paint color

To add a pop of color and finish off the mirror we framed it and painted it a very similar match to the shower curtain, rug, and towel – it’s called Sweet as a Peach by Sherwin-Williams. I love it and it turned out to be the perfect color. The lighting was really tricky to grab a good picture, but it looks a million times better than the original.

Girls bathroom shelving above toilet

The shower was the most time intensive part. My husband was up a few nights until 2 in the morning trying to finish it, we had family coming in and wanted to get it done before they arrived. It took A LOT longerthan we anticipated but I couldn’t be more pleased with the results.

Bathroom shower tileBathroom shower tileBathroom floor tile

And for our closet we removed all of the old shelving, painted it the same color as the walls, grabbed some leftover boards from our built-ins and made shelves. I love having an organized closet and know where everything is.

Bathroom closet organization

Here is a mood board I completed before we started the bathroom. It’s a great way to see how your choices will coordinate. You can see the sources below.

Girls bathroom mood board - Favorite Paint Colors

1. Bathroom Rug – Target

2. Subway Tile for shower – Lowe’s

3.  Floor tile – Lowe’s

4. Shower floor tile – Lowe’s

5. Wall paint color: Repose Gray by Sherwin-Williams (Semi-gloss in Emerald)

6. Vanity paint color: Grizzle Gray by Sherwin-Williams (Semi-Gloss in Pro-Classic – the only paint I would use on cabinets or furniture. It is VERY durable)

7. Bathroom mirror frame: Sweet as a Peach by Sherwin-Williams (HGTV collection)

8. Shower curtain – Target Threshold

And for our countertops … We had a heck of time deciding what to do with them. I really wanted to get a premade quartz countertop from Lowe’s, but the sink hole was right in the middle and because of the way our vanity was set up we needed it on the right. We thought about getting a new vanity,  but for the price we wanted to pay, most of them were very cheaply made and I didn’t love their setup. Ours was solid wood and I liked the drawers it had so we decided to just paint it – I really love the results.

We also looked at custom ordering a quartz countertop, that ended up costing close to $800, I looked at granite slabs, that was right around there as well, and one day I was strolling through the kitchen area in Lowe’s and ran into their laminate cuts – this one was $68 and the dimensions were perfect. Long story short, we went with laminate and it looks great. One of my friends thought it was granite!

laminate

My husband had to cut the backsplash off because it ended up being a little deeper than we wanted, and we found out our walls are not square, so it left a gap in between the backsplash and the wall. So we bought the tile and did the backsplash ourselves.

We had a few hiccups along the way, projects never go the way you want them to, but oh it feels good to have it finished.

One more look at the before and after…

Girls bathroom before and after - Favorite Paint Colors

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment. Have a great weekend!!


The article Our Girls Bathroom Before and After + Mood Board appeared first on http://www.favoritepaintcolorsblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment