Friday, March 18, 2016

Our Bathroom Paint Picks {with before photos}

We finally got around to making over our downstairs bathroom. It was in terrible shape.

bathroom before

The floors were concrete that had been painted once, and everything was yellow and brown. I tried to make it look better temporarily by adding some cute towels and a shower curtain, but it really didn’t do a whole lot. This was in need of a whole lot of work.

bathroom before2bathroom closet beforeshower before

The shower was the worst. Brown linoleum on the walls, a dingy old basin on the bottom, and we found out that someone had drilled a peephole in one of the walls that lead to the laundry room!! EEK! I’m not sure why else it would be there?? So creepy and weird.

I looked through a bunch of paint swatches for the wall and vanity, and decided on Repose Gray by Sherwin-Williams. I started to paint it on the walls, I didn’t even test it and it looked really purple to me. Remember we had really yellow walls. So I went back to the paint store and bought some more samples of colors that I liked. Here they are:

testing bathroom paint colors

1: Gossamer Veil by Sherwin-Williams (really close to Repose Gray, but more tan than gray)

2: Silverpointe by Sherwin-Williams (I liked this color, but too blue for me)

3: Silver Strand by Sherwin-Williams: More blue than Silverpointe

4: Repose Gray – it didn’t look purple at all on this poster board. It was a warm gray and didn’t seem to have any weird undertones on here. So I decided to go with it again and just paint the whole room, seeing if taking away the yellow would get rid of the purple. It did, and I love it on the walls. I will show you pics of the finished bathroom soon. Smile

5. These are colors I was sampling for the vanity. This one was Mediterranean by SW. I love the color, but it was a little too bright for me.

6. Grizzle Gray was my first choice. It’s so hard to know what a paint color is going to look like, especially in a room without natural light. It’s amazing how much it changed once I put it on the vanity, but I actually liked it a lot better than what it looks like on the posterboard. Here it almost looks black, but on the vanity it was a dark gray with a hint of navy in it.

7. Perpetual Gray was another consideration, but it was too light.

The winners are Repose Gray and Grizzle Gray!

repose gray sherwin-williamsgrizzle gray

I also decided to do an accent color in “Sweet as a Peach” by the HGTV collection line from Sherwin-Williams. More on that later. Smile

sweet as a peach hgtv paint color

Have a great weekend!


The article Our Bathroom Paint Picks {with before photos} appeared first on http://www.favoritepaintcolorsblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment