Friday, March 25, 2016

Our Built-Ins {before and after}

I mentioned a few months back that one of the next projects on our list was to install built-ins on each side of the fireplace. Well they are completed, I love them and wanted to share them with you today.

A look back on where we started…

living room before

built-ins2

A quick summary of how Jason built these:

*He used MDF board from Lowe’s for the frame

*The finishing surfaces are all pine wood

*For the shelving he installed wood supports and screwed shelving on top of that, then used finished hardwood to make a trim around the shelves to hide any imperfections.

*Once the frame was built and painted, we bought cabinets and door faces from here, and then Jason built the drawers and just added the front.

*We painted the built-ins Alabaster by Sherwin-Williams (2016 Color of the Year) That is our go to color for doors, trim and cabinets. Love it.

IMG_9551[1]

I added a few simple Easter decorations, books, and pictures. Super simple.

side1
Sunday will come

I printed one of my favorite quotes out and put it in an 8×10 frame I got from TJ Maxx. It’s from Joseph B. Wirthlin and is always one I think of on this day – We all have our Fridays. Here is a beautiful video that has excerpts from this talk.

built-ins2

And that’s a wrap! I hope you have a beautiful Easter weekend, thanks for stopping by!


The article Our Built-Ins {before and after} appeared first on http://www.favoritepaintcolorsblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment